Forward Academy training:
C2 CryoBalloon™ Ablation
C2 CryoBalloon™ ablation (CBA) has emerged as an important tool for the treatment of Barrett’s esophagus, a pre-cancerous condition of the esophagus. It is a safe, effective, and minimally invasive procedure that has been shown to effectively eradicate esophageal dysplasia and metaplasia, ultimately reducing the risk of developing esophageal cancer.1
However, like many endoscopic techniques, it requires appropriate training to achieve the best possible results. For this purpose, we are pleased to launch the Forward Academy training on C2 CryoBalloon™ ablation. This course will provide a valuable opportunity for you to enhance your knowledge and expertise in this field.
The aim is to provide theoretical knowledge and practical training on the use of C2 CryoBalloon™ ablation in the treatment of Barrett’s esophagus. The course will cover topics such as patient selection, technical aspects of the procedure, and post-procedural management.
- Foundations, indications and present and future developments of CBA
- Training on a simulator
- Practical knowledge on how to perform a focal CBA
- Ex-vivo hands-on session
- Live cases broadcasted into the seminar room
- Discussion about the latest data and studies on CBA
- When: March 22, 2024
- Target group: Clinicians, who are interested in expanding their skillset on Barrett’s esophagus treatment.
- Criteria for application: We welcome physicians from centres specialising in Barrett's Esophagus, particularly those experienced in endoscopic resections and RFA/APC ablations (ESGE criteria2). Above all, the programme places high value on learners who are deeply interested in enhancing their expertise in CryoBalloon Ablation.
- Selection process: All applications will be reviewed by the program's mentors to select the final 16 participants. The selection is based on the candidates' experience and qualifications, as presented in their CVs.
- Application deadline: January 28, 2024
- Location: PENTAX Europe GmbH, Training Center, Julius-Vosseler-Str. 104, Hamburg, Germany
- Course language: English
- Number of participants: 16 physicians
- Participation fee: free of charge
- Course certificate: You will receive a certificate at the end of the course
1 Charlotte N. Frederiks, Marcia Irene Canto, Bas L.A.M. Weusten: Updates in Cryotherapy for Barrett’s Esophagus, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.giec.2020.09.005.
2 Bas Weusten, Raf Bisschops, Emanuel Coron, Mário Dinis Ribeiro, Jean-Marc Dumonceau, José-Miguel Esteban, Cesare Hassan, Oliver Pech, Alessandro Repici, Jacques Bergman, Massimiliano di Pietro: Endoscopic management of Barrett’s esophagus: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) Position Statement.
PENTAX Europe GmbH